There are a couple of steps involved with changing your display name in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. We'll guide you piece by piece!
Looking to change your name in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II? Follow these easy steps to change your account name.
Record & Share Gameplay Easily & Instantly With Moments
How to change your account name in Modern Warfare II
1. In order to change your account name in Modern Warfare II, log in to the game and enter the in-game dashboard. There, press F1/Start to open a menu.
2. Click on the Settings cogwheel icon.
3. In this new menu, select "Account & Network."
4. Next, select "Activision Account."
5. A new window shows your current name and information. Click "Change Display Name" to change your name in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
6. Type in your new display name in the confirmation window and click "Confirm."
7. That's it! Your new name will show up after restarting the game.
When can I change my name in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II?
You can change your name only when your account has a token. You can see how many tokens you have available in the screen where you were typing a new name. You earn a new token every six months, so make sure you use it wisely. You can have a maximum of two tokens.
Remember, changes to your Activision account require a restart, so that may be the reason you don't see your name changed immediately.